Wiki How to Determine Global Period with 2 different global periods

AHVC

Networker
Best answers
In reviewing claims where 2 vascular procedures 37468 (global period - 0) and 37766-51 (global period - 90 days) were billed I am trying to determine the global period. There are references made that the primary procedure which in this case would be 37468 because it has the higher RVU in a non-facility setting would drive the determination on global period. Of course, I cannot find anything in writing.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I would find guidance on how the global period is determined or would it have to be on a case by case determination based on why the patient was being seen - in other words was it related to the 1st procedure or the 2nd...which would be hard because they are both proceduers based on the same diagnosis.

Thanks Pamela. That site gives me the global period for each procedure. Unfortunately I am looking to see if there is any guidance on what drives the global period when there are 2 different global periods associated because there were 2 procedures done. The higher RVU associated procedure has 0 global days and the lesser/secondary procedure has a 90 global period. I need to know what determines the global period. The primary procedure or the higher global period.