Wiki How to find a job with CPC-A

Best answers
Hi this is sandhya very recently got my CPC-A certification,can anyone help where to start my career and how to search for a job or project extern
Please give your suggestions
That means a lot
Thanks in advance

Let me start by saying the best of luck to you, Sandhya.

Job boards, of course, are the best place to start. You can search using terms like "Medical Coder" or "Medical Biller". I also highly recommend going to AAPC chapter meetings to do some networking as there may be coders from different practices that are looking to heir new coders. And if they aren't looking for anyone, they might know a practice that is.

You might also have to take a job that's not coding just to get your foot in the door. When I started my career in coding, I took a job as a receptionist. 1 year later and I was coding for the same practice. In that case, make sure you expand your job search into terms like "Medical Receptionist" or even "Medical Records". Anything administrative in the medical community to start your career.

Whatever you do, do not get discouraged. That happens to a good number of people. And as you job search, make sure you are emphasizing that your a certified coder. And don't worry about the "A". We all start somewhere.

Let me start by saying the best of luck to you, Sandhya.

Job boards, of course, are the best place to start. You can search using terms like "Medical Coder" or "Medical Biller". I also highly recommend going to AAPC chapter meetings to do some networking as there may be coders from different practices that are looking to heir new coders. And if they aren't looking for anyone, they might know a practice that is.

You might also have to take a job that's not coding just to get your foot in the door. When I started my career in coding, I took a job as a receptionist. 1 year later and I was coding for the same practice. In that case, make sure you expand your job search into terms like "Medical Receptionist" or even "Medical Records". Anything administrative in the medical community to start your career.

Whatever you do, do not get discouraged. That happens to a good number of people. And as you job search, make sure you are emphasizing that your a certified coder. And don't worry about the "A". We all start somewhere.
Thanks a ton for your suggestions n encouragement