Wiki How to search for Medical Coder Jobs in Germany

guvvalatc

Best answers
Hallo,

I am a Certified Medical coder (AAPC ICD-10,CPT) , moved to Germany recently. I am looking for Medical Coding jobs in Germany. Can anyone help me how to serch for Medical coder jobs in Germany, i am not getting any jobs results.

Hello,

Be aware that Germany uses a modified version of medical coding, just as we do here in the US. I did a quick Google search and came across another post on the same subject:

Hi all,

I would like to give some valuable points to relocate to Germany as coder.

1. Not required ILTS
2. Need German language skill by Geothy institute (unto B2 level)
3. After getting B2 certificate you can start search job from India or you can go in 6 month job search visa. If you search from your own countries also you ll get job if you have B2 certificate.
4. kindly Dont process through any of the consultancy.
5. Below website for job search. https://www.stepstone.com/

I hope this information will be useful those who are planning to relocate to European countries.

Thanks

I have also seen posts about suggesting to look for jobs at US Military bases (if you are an US citizen).

Additionally, there is an AHIMA article on Medical Coding in Germany:
Recognizing the ICD-10-GM, German Coding Guidelines, and German Coders

Hopefully this should help you on the way.

Hello,

Be aware that Germany uses a modified version of medical coding, just as we do here in the US. I did a quick Google search and came across another post on the same subject:

I have also seen posts about suggesting to look for jobs at US Military bases (if you are an US citizen).

Thank You. I have done AAPC CPT certification
Hello,

Thank you, So AAPC ICD-10 certification will be enough for medical coder job searching in Germany, else do i need to do any additional certifications apart from German language course.

I honestly don't know, as I have not worked in Germany. But you will need to look around and see what the qualification requirements are in Germany. But I would suppose that being familiar with the ICD-10 GM should be a start.

Hello,

hi

Hallo,

I am a Certified Medical coder (AAPC ICD-10,CPT) , moved to Germany recently. I am looking for Medical Coding jobs in Germany. Can anyone help me how to serch for Medical coder jobs in Germany, i am not getting any jobs results.
Hi

Are you find any jobs in Germany . Can you please explain the process of getting a medical coding job in Germany .

Thanks

I met some coders who live in Germany at the Healthcon regional conference in DC. They worked for a US military base located in Germany. It was really interesting hearing about their jobs.

I would assume that similar job listings would be posted on the US federal government and/or military websites.

Remember that ICD-10 is different in each country. And because Europe has a socialized medicine program, coding is performed more for data collection and not claims submission. They also don't use CPT. Maybe research the healthcare system in Germany to get an understanding of what you might be able to do. I will say that learning German to get along and learning German to work in the medical coding field are two very different things. As an Army wife who lived there for two years, I can tell you that German is a challenging language to learn. However, you may have some success working for the US military.