Wiki How would you code the following?

lewiam

New
Best answers
Ambulatory Phelbectomie, right lower extremity times ten.
Ambulatory Phelbectomie, left lower extremity times seven.

Per 2010 CPT

37765 for 10-20 stab incisions
37799 for less then 10 stab incisions

Our experience is that unlisted codes hardly ever get paid. With or without the apprpriate documentation being sent with the claim.

Are thoughts were::confused:

37765-RT
37765-52-LT

how would you code the following

Ambulatory Phelbectomie, right lower extremity times ten.
Ambulatory Phelbectomie, left lower extremity times seven.

Per 2010 CPT

37765 for 10-20 stab incisions
37799 for less then 10 stab incisions

Our experience is that unlisted codes hardly ever get paid. With or without the apprpriate documentation being sent with the claim.

Are thoughts were::confused:

37765-RT
37765-52-LT

I am curious with the statement "per 2010 CPT" I code these all the time and this a has been a direction per CPT for some time. They get paid as long as you have the medical nessecity and the plan pays for them. We do not reduce the charge and = the unlisted to the 37765. It is improper to code with 52 modifier as the direction comes directly from CPT use the unlisted. We make sure we have on Box 19 of the electronic claim the number of incisions. We submit with the copy of the CPT page with the direction and have had no problems. No confusion
lind k

We do these all the time. The ambulatory phlebectomy 10-20 stabs for one extremity is 37765. For less than 10 stab incisions you have to use 37799. It is an unlisted code but just file it with the op report and a description of the code that states it's less than 10 incisions. We have no problems getting them paid. We even perform the phlebectomy the same time as an Enodvenous Laser Ablation (CPT 36478) and get paid. There are no modifiers needed.

how to code incisional phlembectomies of upper extremety

I have a little different scenerio. How would you code this?

These are actually incisional phlebectomies.
"8cm lazy S incision through the subq tissue.... proximal and distal segments were removed and tied off...."

I could sure use some help,
Thank you