Wiki How would you code this

anissia

Contributor
Best answers
Hi has anyone ever coded a SNIFF TEST? I know that it is used to test how well the diaphragm works in a paraplegic patient. If it is used in other situations I do not know. Any information is greatly appreciated:confused:

This isn't my area of expertise but did you try looking under the chest fluoroscopy codes to see if one of them fits?

Wendi, CPC

sniff test

i did and they came up with 76000 and 71010 for xray. not sure what the thought process is for these two codes. this is not something that i normally code either but a doctors office was calling our office for assistance.

thanks

Hi has anyone ever coded a SNIFF TEST? I know that it is used to test how well the diaphragm works in a paraplegic patient. If it is used in other situations I do not know. Any information is greatly appreciated:confused:

For a fluoroscopic “sniff” test to evaluate diaphragmatic motion, take note of whether the study produces films. Report 76000 if no films. If the procedure produces a two-view chest x-ray with the fluoroscopic test, report 71023 and if four or more view then code 71034.
Enjoy
:)