• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hydration/Injections - If a patient is getting hydrations

kissie

Networker
Best answers
If a patient is getting hydrations from 12:00pm to 1:00 pm and they also got an IVP of Zofran @ 12:16 and an injection of Phenagan @ 12:37 would you still get that hydration,
96374, 96375 and 96361?

Thanks for your help

Kendall

New
Best answers
Hydration/Injection

The push would be your initial 96374 and then your hydration 96361 and injection 96372. You may need a 59 modifier on the 96372 depending on payor. You have to follow the hierarchy not the time. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

kissie

Networker
Best answers
Great! That is what I thought the second drug was also an IVP but I didn't clarify that. I know with infusions you can't charge a hydration while another Infusion is going and then I got to thinking about the IVP's.

Thanks so much for your help :D

Best answers
Hydration

If the Phenagan was given as an IVP rather than an injection, I would code the following:

96374- Intial push of Zofran
96375- Squential push of Phenagan
96361- Hydration

Hope that Helps !