Wiki hymenal ring laceration repair

ltingle1

Contributor
Best answers
Does anyone have a CPT code for hymenal ring laceration repair? I know I can't use the external genitalia repair codes but I can't find one for hymen repair. It was discovered and repaired during an LAVH BSO.

Thanks in advance!

-Lauren

Why wouldn't you be able to use ext. genitalia repair codes? If it's a laceration that can be repaired externally, wouldn't it be coded to integumentary repair codes? If this wound was a result of the surgical procedure which is what it sounds like to me, it was an incidental repair of a surgical wound occurring during the procedure. It wasn't an expected occurrence so is it technically a complication? Just thinking while I'm typing...... :)

Last edited:
What about 56700 - partial hymenectomy or revision of hymenal ring?
And as mentioned above, if your doc is repairing a laceration that he/she made during the surgery, you can't bill to repair your own lac. I'm not clear if you are stating the laceration was made during surgery, then repaired, or that during surgery, it was noticed that there was a previous lac.

If you code the hymenal ring repair, what ICD code will go with it? If it wasn't noted in the pre-op exam, the lac had to be a result of operative manipulation and would be an operative complication. I'm guessing the patient was a mature female without prior intercourse and possibly even post- menopausal. All reasons the vaginal vault would be narrow and the tissues friable so when the en toto specimen was withdrawn, that's when the laceration occurred. All my speculation of course.

Thanks everyone for your input. After consulting with the physician it was caused during the surgery so I won't bill for it.
Thanks again!