Wiki I need help desperately????

tylmason

Best answers
Hello Everyone:

Can some please tell me if there is a way that I can get a copy of payment fee schedule for "Thyroid Cancer Treatment using Iodide I-131 one of the popular codes are CPT 79005/hcpc A9517). I found a list searching the web, under the name of prov44midlevelsfy2012, however this list was not currently. I can imagine that most of your are thinking go to the hcpc coding book. But these codes are not listed as the reimbursement is made based on the invoice.

However, I was thinking if someone put out the list I found maybe some of you who work in that field might know where I can find a updated list. Please help.
Thank you & God Bless
Terri L Mason

Hospital or physician office,
Medicare or other payer?

For Medicare:
Both codes are payable under the OPPS for hospital, and you can find the national payment levels in Addendum B for OPPS.

For physician office/non-hospital center, both are paid, but while 79005 has a set RVU/payment amount, A9517 is paid based on either invoice or by ASP as set by Redbook or other resources. Your local carrier decides how they will pay this.

Need help Desperately

thank you for your help. The billing will be done by physician and I use your advise and look up the payment process.

God Bless:)