• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

I12.9 does this code have HCC as of 2019

Best answers
I have a provider that is very surprised that code I12.9 does not risk adjust (has HCC).... i just noticed that in the AAPC 2019 ICD 10 book that this code HAS the HCC symbol next to it (along w/RxHCC). I just was going to verify that this changed for 2019. So I go to the Optum 2019 ICD-10 book and this does NOT have the HCC symbol next to this code...

Does anyone have any possible insight to this, that I don't know about? It is my first year using the AAPC ICD book.

Thanks
Natalie

Best answers
While I dont have the Optum or AAPC book, the AMA 2019 book does not have a HCC symbol next to I12.9. According to the CMS HCC spreadsheet, I12.9 is only a RxHCC in 2019, as it has been for the past few years.

firetorah

New
Best answers
Any news on this??

It has been about 7 months since this question about Plavix was first posted. Has there been any kind of ruling? Pretty confusing stuff.

Best answers
Hello firetorah,

I just checked Optum and DX I12.9 has been corrected to reflect an HCC & still lists the RXHCC.