Wiki ICD-10 Asymptomatic cystitis

dbolivar1

Networker
Best answers
Hello

I need help on which code/s are more supported for 7 weeks pregnant with asymptomatic cystitis. I'm fairly new in coding OB triage, I get a little confused of which O code to use with an additional code. If there is any tips in how to figure that out, that would be great!

O23.11 Desc: Infections of bladder in pregnancy, first trimester & N30.90 Cystitis, unspecified without hematuria-

OR

O99.891 Oth diseases and conditions complicating & N30.90 Cystitis, unspecified without hematuria-

Thank you in advance

Hello, Please don't quote me, I could be wrong for I am a new coder in OBGYN but since nobody responded I will post what I think. Somewhere in this Forum you will find additional information to your question if you use the search box (I recalled that I've seen such post). So, to my understanding we use O2x- series when the condition arrived during pregnancy and in other cases we would use O99- series. Also, some conditions can be directly related to O99- like let's say Depression. We won't find a O2x- series for Mental conditions but there is a code O99.34- mental.. Or let's say hypothyroid dx. We won't find it in O2x- series but we find in O99.28- endorcrinology system. I agree with your code O23.11 because Infection started during pregnancy and we have such O2x- code that we could link to.

Hello, Please don't quote me, I could be wrong for I am a new coder in OBGYN but since nobody responded I will post what I think. Somewhere in this Forum you will find additional information to your question if you use the search box (I recalled that I've seen such post). So, to my understanding we use O2x- series when the condition arrived during pregnancy and in other cases we would use O99- series. Also, some conditions can be directly related to O99- like let's say Depression. We won't find a O2x- series for Mental conditions but there is a code O99.34- mental.. Or let's say hypothyroid dx. We won't find it in O2x- series but we find in O99.28- endorcrinology system. I agree with your code O23.11 because Infection started during pregnancy and we have such O2x- code that we could link to.
Thank you, that helps. I will try to search that info.

Hello

I need help on which code/s are more supported for 7 weeks pregnant with asymptomatic cystitis. I'm fairly new in coding OB triage, I get a little confused of which O code to use with an additional code. If there is any tips in how to figure that out, that would be great!

O23.11 Desc: Infections of bladder in pregnancy, first trimester & N30.90 Cystitis, unspecified without hematuria-

OR

O99.891 Oth diseases and conditions complicating & N30.90 Cystitis, unspecified without hematuria-

Thank you in advance
The section notes under codes N30-N39 in ICD-10 give an Excludes1 note stating that N30.90 should not be coded for urinary infection occurring in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium. I would code this simply as O23.11 with no additional code.