Wiki ICD-10-CM Symbols

Best answers
My ICD-10-CM has symbols for the Complications/Comorbidity Exclusions that have random letters beside them. For instance, code S22.07 has a symbol for Complication/Comorbidity with letters A & K beside it, a symbol for Major C/C with letter B beside it, a symbol for Present on Admission, and a symbol for Hospital-Acquired condition with letters A & B beside it. I assume it has something to do with the DRG's but I don't do inpatient coding. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm taking a stab here, because my editions of ICD-10-CM (both the hospital version and the physician version) don't have those letters after the MCC and CC symbols. However I believe it's an indication of the 7th digit that is also included as an MCC or CC. So S22.07xA and S22.07xK are considered a complication/comorbidity. And for POA indicators, A and B indicate initial encounters, so that would be appropriate for present on admission. But I may be way off base, so hopefully someone else will comment! Have a good day.