Wiki ICD 10 code for epinephrine due to anaphylaxis

enya1998@gmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
can you help icd 10 code for epinephrine due to anaphylaxis because it was denied due to incorrect icd10
our pt has got the anaphylaxis after allergy Immunotherapy treatment (first maintenance shot) so we did several treatment .
I billed J0171 (HCPCS code J0171 for Injection, Adrenalin, epinephrine, 0.1 mg ) and 96372 for admin
and DX coded I used T78.40XS.
should I add another specific code relating late effect??
thanks@!@

Can you give a little more information from the medical record as to the provider's diagnosis? An anaphylactic reaction would be coded T78.2-, not T78.40-, and I don't understanding why you're coding this as sequela. The 7th digit S would be for a reaction that occurred sometime in the past from which the patient has now recovered but that is causing some kind of lasting effect. That isn't something I'd expect to see treated with epinephrine, which is normally used for an acute reaction. But without seeing the provider's documentation, it isn't really possible to give you more assistance with the coding here.

Can you give a little more information from the medical record as to the provider's diagnosis? An anaphylactic reaction would be coded T78.2-, not T78.40-, and I don't understanding why you're coding this as sequela. The 7th digit S would be for a reaction that occurred sometime in the past from which the patient has now recovered but that is causing some kind of lasting effect. That isn't something I'd expect to see treated with epinephrine, which is normally used for an acute reaction. But without seeing the provider's documentation, it isn't really possible to give you more assistance with the coding here.
thank you for reply. i found also T78.40- is not appropriate.

Below is the Provider's note :
Pt has facial flushing, swelling and accessory muscle use in breathing.
Most likely anaphylactic response to immunotherapy:

how about this code?
.6XXA · Anaphylactic reaction due to adverse effect of correct drug or medicament properly administered, initial encounter.
thank you!!!

thank you for reply. i found also T78.40- is not appropriate.

Below is the Provider's note :
Pt has facial flushing, swelling and accessory muscle use in breathing.
Most likely anaphylactic response to immunotherapy:

how about this code?
.6XXA · Anaphylactic reaction due to adverse effect of correct drug or medicament properly administered, initial encounter.
thank you!!!
T88.6XXA would be correct for this if it is confirmed. But assuming this is not an inpatient facility encounter, since the provider has stated 'likely', you cannot assign the unconfirmed diagnosis and need to code the symptoms.