Wiki ICD 10 code for TRAUMATIC CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS.

Best answers
Hi,

Can someone tell me what is the correct code ICD code for TRAUMATIC CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS? Someone suggested me to code M48.33 with M46.92 (Unspecified inflammatory spondylopathy, cervical region) but i dont see medical records supporting inflammation.

Medical records documents the diagnosis as C6/C7 & C7/T1 Facet Arthropathy (TRAUMATIC CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS). So, how to code correct ICD 10 for this problem.

Thanks
Pk

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your assistance. I checked ICD M12.58. This for Traumatic Arthropathy but med. rec. does not support Arthropathy. So, can we still use it?

Thanks
PK

"Spondylosis is the term used to describe degeneration and arthritis of the facet joints"

"Spondylosis is an umbrella term used to describe pain from degenerative conditions of the spine. Most often, the term spondylosis is used to describe osteoarthritis of the spine, but it is also commonly used to describe any manner of spinal degeneration."

"Arthritis is a form of arthropathy that involves inflammation of one or more joints, while the term arthropathy may be used regardless of whether there is inflammation or not. Spondylarthropathy is any form of arthropathy of the vertebral column."

Above is some information from a google search for Spondylosis vs. arthropathy. I've understood them to be very similar with the exception of Spondylosis occurring more from degeneration.

I think the code for Traumatic Arthropathy would be appropriate given the definition of spondylosis. Your other option would be to use an "S" code for an injury. In looking through them if you chose this route you may have to use more of a generic code such as injury to specified part of the neck.

Good morning. Could someone help me determine the proper icd10 for spondylarthropathy unspecified location of the spine? I'm struggling with this one.