• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ICD-10 codes and codes 59425/59426

astough

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

Could someone please help clarify what ICD-10 codes to bill antepartum care only? I have a patient transferring out o state so I cannot bill her care globally. If I bill the code needed (59426) covering 7 visits which include all 3 trimesters I will have an crazy number of ICD-10 codes attached including which trimester and how many weeks. Am I missing something? Does anyone know the correct way to bill this situation. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Angie

CodingKing

True Blue
Best answers
I don't think its any different than when you bill for the full global. I think you can just code based off what the patient status was on the last visit. I believe the only time you need to include all the other codes is when you did not see the patient enough and need to bill for each visit. In those cases when each E&M is billed separately, you would use the DX associated with each visit.

Last edited: