Wiki ICD-10 For Medical Billers

Best answers
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding material that could be used to prepare Medical Billers for ICD-10 implementation. I was trained in coding. But, I work in the billing office. So, I have very basic knowledge of ICD-10 and my coworkers even less. I am trying to find some inexpensive/free material that my office could use to become familiar with the new code set before October.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Icd-10

Hi Carolyn,

My coworkers and I are taking the ICD-10 Proficiency Assessment and Prep for $60.00, which can be found under the ICD-10 tab from the home page, then click on ICD-10 tab (in orange) "Get Trained". From there click on I am a Coder/Auditor, then on the right hand side of the page "Step 5 Proficiency Assessment and Prep" then choose option 2. This is a $60.00 option, you can also go online and search ICD-10 practice exams and you will find a plethora of free exams that you can take at your own pace.

Good Luck!! :) :p

CMS has a great web site. www.roadto10.org. It has a lot of information. I work as a Medical Biller also. The main thing is to check with your clients to make sure they have even heard of ICD10 (you would be surprised) and were they are in the implementation process in their office. Hopefully your IT person has all your computer software in place. If possible, get the top 20 ICD9 DX codes you use and find the corresponding ICD10 code.
Good luck