Wiki ICD 10 FOR METAL PLATE

rosse126

Contributor
Best answers
What is the ICD 10 for Metal Plate? Pt is unable to have an MRI due to 'Metallic Plate' on Neck

Maybe the Z18 area? I am not sure that's appropriate for a metal plate placed suring surgery though. Might only work for shrapnel or something like that. It seems appropriate though.

There's no code for 'metal plate', and it's not a diagnosis. I'm not even sure what you mean by it here - is it something inside the patient's body or outside? An implanted device or a foreign body? I think you would need a little more information before a code can be recommended. Guesswork doesn't make for good coding.

I am guessing they had a cervical fusion or some type of fixation that prevents them from entering an MRI machine. Also guessing it's to get auth for another type of diagnostic imaging or to jusitfy why the patient did not/cannot have an MRI done.

I am guessing they had a cervical fusion or some type of fixation that prevents them from entering an MRI machine. Also guessing it's to get auth for another type of diagnostic imaging or to jusitfy why the patient did not/cannot have an MRI done.
That is sort of what it sounds like here. If that's the case, I would use Z96.698 for this.