Wiki ICD 10 needed for CERVICAL Scarring

Best answers
cervical scarring, unable to access endometrial cavity
Findings: Normal external genitalia, 6w uterus on bimanual exam. Significant scar tissue within cervical os, preventing advancement of hysteroscope into endometrial cavity. Unable to visualize endometrial cavity or tubal ostia.

I said N88.2 for cervical stricture or stenosis but I was advised this is not correct.
Please help.

I would have used the same N88.2.
Who is advising N88.2 is not correct? The scar tissue is causing stricture.

Note: There are exclusion notes on N88.2.
Excludes1:
stricture and stenosis of cervix uteri complicating labor (O65.5)
Excludes2:
inflammatory disease of cervix (N72)
polyp of cervix (N84.1)
Perhaps they are looking for N72 for inflammatory disease of cervix??

My guess is that whoever is telling you that you are incorrect is probably saying you should be coding the reason for the procedure as the primary diagnosis? In this context, the cervical scarring is more like an incidental finding and not the reason that the procedure was done, so would be a secondary and supplemental diagnosis, if anything. Hard to say without seeing the complete record and/or speaking with your auditor to find their rationale.

You are both correct. N88.2 is the correct code for cervical scarring, but if the physician had difficulty completing the procedure due the cervical scarring, then N88.2 would be correct as an additional diagnosis, but not the primary diagnosis - that is, the reason the procedure was being performed. If the procedure was not carried out due to the cervical scarring you would report Z53.09 and N88.2