Wiki Icd-10 pain 2nd to concha bullosa

Best answers
My physician is asking for input on a few codes that we are struggling with in ICD-10.

We see patients who have sinus pain due to concha bullosa - the best we can come up with is G50.1 but we think there may be a better choice. Ideas?

Another would be our asymmetrical hearing loss patients - H90.5 cross-references but surely there is a better option?

Lastly is CP spasm, which was a problem in ICD-9 as well. As I researched it the majority seemed to go with M62.838. Any other ideas?

Happy to help.

First, G50.1 for atypical face pain is the best ICD-10 code for sinus pain. There is not an ICD-10 code for sinus pain. You would list this as the secondary diagnosis after concha bullosa. Just keep in mind that you do not code sign/symptoms codes when the sign/symptom is routinely associated with the definitive diagnosis. Example, you would not code vomiting and nausea separately with the definitive diagnosis of food poisoning.

Secondly, there is no ICD-10 code for asymmetrical hearing loss (unfortunately). The correct code is what you listed, H90.5 for unspecified SNHL.

With regards to your third question, "CP" can stand for many things.

• If you are referring to a carpopedal spasm, then your code would be R29.0.
  • My ENT resource manuals indicate J39.2 for cricopharyngeal spasm. J39.2 includes all of the following:

• Bleeding of pharynx
  • Cyst of nasopharynx
  • Cyst of pharynx
  • Disorder of pharynx
  • Edema of nasopharynx
  • Edema of pharynx
  • Hematoma of pharynx
  • Lesion of hypopharynx
  • Pharyngeal dryness
  • Pharyngeal hemorrhage
  • Pharyngeal spasm
  • Pharyngocutaneous fistula
  • Pharynx or nasopharynx cyst
  • Pharynx or nasopharynx edema
  • Retropharyngeal tendinitis
  • Spasm of the cricopharyngeus muscle
  • Ulcer of pharynx

If you intend another term by "CP Spasm", let me know and I will research it for you.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer M. Connell, BA, CPC, CENTC, CPCO, CPPM

These are not the easiest to code. :)

Your best bet would be to code for a hemifacial spasm, G51.3. Cerebellopontine angle spasms are typically due to a tumor in that region. If the spasm is being caused by a tumor, then you would code the appropriate neoplasm code, not the spasm. Otherwise, for just the spasm, you would code for a hemifacial spasm, G51.3.

Jennifer M. Connell, BA, CPC, CENTC, CPPM, CPCO