Wiki Icd 10 question

sdunaway1

Guru
Best answers
Can someone please help with a diagnostic code for post traumatic intra ventriculor hemorrhage? I am looking at S06.5x0a but this is for subdural - Would you suggest to use s06.89XA which is-other specified intracranial injury ? The doctor does state in his report intra ventricular.

Thank you so much for the help!

Intraventricular Hemorrhage ICD 10

Good morning,

I research this and found out that the deffinition is bleeding into the brain's ventrical system where the cerebrospinal fluid produced and circulates through towards the subarachnoid space....so I use S06.6X-- (Traumatic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage)

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, I would like to see what other are using:eek:

Icd 10 question
Can someone please help with a diagnostic code for post traumatic intra ventriculor hemorrhage? I am looking at S06.5x0a but this is for subdural - Would you suggest to use s06.89XA which is-other specified intracranial injury ? The doctor does state in his report intra ventricular.
Thank you so much for the help!

S06.89XA won't work because you can't have the placeholder X; if you're going to use S06.89- you need to know the status of the LOC. Do you have any additional information? Can you query the provider?

The best you're going to get off just that minimal piece of information is S09.8XX- Other specified injuries of head. You would also need to use a secondary code(s) from Ch 20. I wouldn't expect this to get paid given the amount of information that is lacking in the code description.

Hi,

In my research, I've seen that Intraventricular System is where the CSF is being produced while subarachnoid space is where CSF flows after its production.

Intraventricular have many sections. I wonder if the physician documented if it's from the Brainstem, Cerebellum or Cerebrum?

Thanks,