Wiki ICD-10 simple explanation breakdown help for physician whose practiced for 45 yrs

Best answers
I've got a physician who has been practing medicine for @ 45 yrs. In no way is the doctor ready to retire. He is wanting to order medical billing and coding for dummies. Is there any book that doesn't cost too much money that would give perhaps a more informative, easy reading, simple breakdown of the guidelines? The specialty is internal medicine.
All I have are my coding books that I still need for school.
Thanks
Marcie

I would advise the Doc to take the online assessment course offered here. I'm in the middle of it and I'm finding it very simplistic. Even if I weren't certified, I would understand it. :p

ICD-10 Documentation Ideas

I have created a sheet for my providers - 1st column is the diagnosis - the second column is what to needs to be documented, the third column is additional information that would help with specificity, the last column is the tie to the guideline. I think this will be a quick and simple way for the providers (specialty is neurosurgery) to find the dx and know what to be sure to include in their documentation.