Wiki Icd 10

htimcoe

Best answers
I just received my CPC and need to know if I need to go through the ICD10 training as well?
Thanks!

I am also new to CPC and looking forward to taking my certification on Aug 28. My training included ICD-10 CM coding. I was not made aware that I would need to take an additional exam regarding ICD-10 CM proficiency in Dec. I feel now like my school did not provide me all the needed information. Should I also schedule the ICD-10 CM Proficiency exam in Dec? I also noticed that the ICD-10 manual has 2 parts should I be getting additional training for the other part and be tested on proficiency for it as well? Should I be looking into taking one of the ICD-10 courses offered by AAPC to ensure that I have the proper training?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

It is not that you take the ICD-10 CM proficiency exam IN December, but that you must pass it BEFORE December 31st. This announcement was made at least 3 years ago and has been posted on this site since that time. It is diagnosis only, and non proctored. It is $60. It is shameful that your instructor did not tell you this.

If you have taken ICD 10 CM training than don't worry about exam and trust yourself easily you can clear the exam.

ref:
3.5 hour time limit,Two attempts at passing, 80% score required to pass exam, 75 multiple choice questions, Open book with online exam, unproctored and ICD-10-CM only

Thank you both for the guidance re: the ICD-10CM exam I will make sure I take the exam. I want to get started ASAP in my new career.
Kara