Wiki Immunohistochemistry Antibody Coctail Billing- Urology/Prostate

DMCody

New
Best answers
For my prostate reports I have 12 specimens A - L. Under the diagnosis my pathologist states:
"Immunohistochemistry antibody cocktail has been utilized on specimens (A & B) to evaluate foci of atypical glands. P504S is overexpressed and high molecular weight cytokeratin (CK14) & P63 show a loss of basal cell expression in the atypical glands. These findings support a diagnosis of carcinoma.

"Immunohistochemistry antibody cocktail has been utilized on specimens (C, E & M) to evaluate foci of atypical glands. High molecular weight cytokeratin (CK14) & P63 show intact basal cell expression & a lack of P504S expresssion in the atypical glands. These findings support benign glands.

My predecessor billed Medicare with:
G0416 x 1
88344 x 5
Which were denied.

Our billing company appealed and filed as follows:
G0416 x 1
88344 x 1
88344XS x 4
Which were also denied.

I have now inherited billing for these and think the billing should look as follows:
G0416 x 1
88344 x 1
88344XS x 1
88344XS x 1
88344XS x 1
88344XS x 1

Can anyone help me with the proper billing for our IHC antibody cocktails? My rational for coding the cocktail this way is because Medicare states that the MUE for 88344 is 1 with a MAI of 1. MAI1 is a CLAIM LINE EDIT. I added the XS modifier to show the coctails were applied to separate specimens.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!