Wiki Implantation of port?

gracec

Best answers
Hi all,

My provider's thinking of hiring an intravenous radiologist to do an implantation of port to cancer patients. He was describing it as how the patients have these ports in them for 3 days or so before having chemotherapy..? I'm not sure if I'm wording it right but I was wondering if there's a specific CPT code for this? I was looking at 96446: Chemotherapy administration into the peritoneal cavity via indwelling port or catheter but he stated that wasn't the correct code? He said indwelling port was right but he just wanted the code for the port itself.

Any takers?? :confused:

Thanks in advanced!

Hi all,

My provider's thinking of hiring an intravenous radiologist to do an implantation of port to cancer patients. He was describing it as how the patients have these ports in them for 3 days or so before having chemotherapy..? I'm not sure if I'm wording it right but I was wondering if there's a specific CPT code for this? I was looking at 96446: Chemotherapy administration into the peritoneal cavity via indwelling port or catheter but he stated that wasn't the correct code? He said indwelling port was right but he just wanted the code for the port itself.

Any takers?? :confused:

Thanks in advanced!

For the placement of the VAD, look at CPT 36556 - 36571. These are separated by patient age as well as type of VAD (centrally inserted, peripherally inserted, tunneled, non tunneled). Also, remember to include image guidance if it is documented.

Hope that helps!