Wiki "inching" CPT code??

pajohnson

Guru
Best answers
My Dr is wanting a CPT code for "inching". Think of it as using two fingers together and moving them up an extremity(arm). Anyone have any ideas???

In what context is this being done? Is it a treatment for something? Or maybe part of a reflex test or something?

To measure the distance between muscles? My docs do A LOT of EMG's...they've never asked about billing for inching, so I just want to make sure I understand exactly why they are "inching"...

Last edited:
Meagan,
I believe that is what the Dr is asking. He travels to satellite offices and won't be back here until Monday. I will get more clarification and get back to you. Thanks for all your help. I am new to the area of neurology so any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

That's what it sounds like to me; I was just reading a book a doc had in the EMG room, that's the only reason I recognized the term LOL. Feel free to inbox me when you get more info, or email me directly mstrauss@nmccbr.com we do lots with Neurology, so I've built up a pretty decent arcenal of resources about it. I'd be happy to help :)