Wiki Incident To and how to correctly bill for this service

mgutirob

Contributor
Best answers

I need clarification regarding the correct way to submit charges when it involves billing for a P.A., and the primary physician.

I work for a Pain Management Practice where we have a Clinic side and right through a door is the Ambulatory Surgery Center. My PA's are seeing patient's in the clinic and the physician is across in the ASC performing surgical procedure's in the operating theater. Can anyone please provide me with the correct guidelines and in writing if possible as to when it is appropriate to press the "Incident To" button so that correct provider's NPI and/or name appears on the claim? Would I check the "Incident To" box when the provider is here so that his name appears on the claim instead of the P.A.? Thank you in advance for assisting me in understanding how to make sure that I am performing this function correctly!!!!:)

Thank you!!!

:eek:
Thank you so very much for bringing clarity to the forefront!! I can tell you that my brain is getting scrambled with all of the forthcoming changes not to mention everything else that is going on!! I greatly appreciate you assistance with this matter and it is so nice to know that I can reach out and get confirmation from a fellow colleague that I am going in the right direction with my thought process!!!!! Have a blessed day and know that in the event that you need assistance with anything, I am always available!! Ciao,

Mechelle Rivera, CPC