Wiki Incident To Billing in Nursing Homes

KDMarshall

Networker
Best answers
Hello all,
I have found out a ton of information concerning incident to billing within the Dr office, however I cannot find anything stating what the rule is in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Does anyone know if the rule is the same and the Dr has to be physically available? Either way can someone send me a resource that I can show the Dr when explaining the situation? Thank you!!

Hello all,
I have found out a ton of information concerning incident to billing within the Dr office, however I cannot find anything stating what the rule is in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Does anyone know if the rule is the same and the Dr has to be physically available? Either way can someone send me a resource that I can show the Dr when explaining the situation? Thank you!!

The reason all the info pertains to physician office is because incident to is only applicable in the physician office setting. In the Medicare manual where you find the incident to rule, there is a portion that does state the provider must be within the office suite area while the patient is being seen. An inpatient , nursing home setting is not under the definition of office suite.