Wiki Info

nyyankees

True Blue
Best answers
Hello-
We are conisdering picking up physciatrist for our billing company. He states that he sees 25-30 patients a week and charges the pt's $250-400 per visit. He only accepts Medicare (NY) which he says comprises about 25% of his practice.

Question is does anyone know where I can get some quality info on this practice/field and more importantly any Medicare info on coding this specialty?

I know little to nothing but want to make sure I can deliver the correct info. Thank you!! :)

Been there, done that

Hi there-

I was in the same situation a few months ago looking for info.
I found that the CPT book in the Psychiatry section had a lot of info in itself (Contexo Media- Professional).
If you go to the LCD link on the NGS website you can narrow down by Psychiatry and read up. That helped me a lot. Try: http://www.ngsmedicare.com/ngsmedicare/PartB/Coverage/LCD/IndexLCDPartB.aspx

There really only a handful of codes that we wound up using . There are some payment restrictions for Medicare which they only pay a certain percentage of the allowed but the secondary usually picks up the full balance. All that is explained in the LCDs.

If you have any problems, feel free to shoot me an email.
Good luck!