Wiki Infusion Start Time Question

Best answers
Should the infusion start time be documented when the medication starts running or when the bag is scanned into the system (there can be a time lapse from when this happens as the bag is scanned, then hung, then connected, then infused). I guess I'm asking, what is the TRUE definition of an infusion start time? Is scanning and hanging inclusive or is separate time considered?

The infusion times are the medication administration time. You should not count time for work done before the actual infusion starts. I can't imagine any chemotherapy nurse indicating a start/stop time as anything other than infusion time.
96413 Chemotherapy administration, intravenous infusion technique; up to 1 hour, single or initial substance/drug
You are not administering chemo when hanging or connecting a bag.

Should the infusion start time be documented when the medication starts running or when the bag is scanned into the system (there can be a time lapse from when this happens as the bag is scanned, then hung, then connected, then infused). I guess I'm asking, what is the TRUE definition of an infusion start time? Is scanning and hanging inclusive or is separate time considered?
Preparation, patient education, and patient assessment are incorporated (bundled) into the first hour of infusion, hence the first hour of infusion is weighted heavier (higher RVU) than subsequent hour(s) of infusion.