Wiki Initial Hosp 99223

Tiosortho

New
Best answers
Can someone please help. I billed out an Inpt Hosp. with cpt code 99223 and the same day the provider did a treatment of foot infections cpt code 28002 during post op. I billed the 99223 with the modifier 57, and then I realized that was in correct. I then refiled a corrected claim with a 24 modifier, and it denied again. I was thinking should I billed the 99223 with a modifier 58 first then a 24 modifier. I can't think of any other way to bill this. The payer is Wellmed which they follow Medicare guidelines. Does anyone have any insight on how to bill this correctly so I can get paid. Thank you.

Can someone please help. I billed out an Inpt Hosp. with cpt code 99223 and the same day the provider did a treatment of foot infections cpt code 28002 during post op. I billed the 99223 with the modifier 57, and then I realized that was in correct. I then refiled a corrected claim with a 24 modifier, and it denied again. I was thinking should I billed the 99223 with a modifier 58 first then a 24 modifier. I can't think of any other way to bill this. The payer is Wellmed which they follow Medicare guidelines. Does anyone have any insight on how to bill this correctly so I can get paid. Thank you.
If the E/M qualifies, it would be a 25 modifier that you would add to 99223.