Wiki Initial vs Sequela

SSweetland

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
a patient had a left talinavicular joint fusion with autologous iliac crest graft in June and it showed good bone healing in July. the patient now shows TN joint nonunion due to walking on her foot. How would I interpret the 7th character because it was healing great until the patient had to walk on it do to lifestyle. So is this Sequela (complication or condition that arises as a direct result of a condition) or is K subsequent fracture with a nonunion?

Revision of Total knee for pain due to total knee replacement

I am having trouble determining if the 7th character should be an A or a S. Patient with history of a right total knee replacement performed in 1988 with poor mechanical outcome who has had increasing right knee pain. She is now scheduled to have a revision of the total knee replacement. Would the ICD-10 code be T84.84XA or T84.84XS with a code from the G89 category? We come across this quite a bit. Thanks

Are CPT codes 20610 & 20611 billable and reimbursable together?

Good Afternoon, are you able to bill out 20610 ( Anthrocentesis, aspiration and/or injection, major joint or bursa (eg, shoulder, hip, knee, subacromial bursa) without ultrasound guidance,

20611 with ultrasound guidance, with permanent recording and reporting.

I am experiencing difficulty with a particular insurance carrier regarding reimbursement for both codes.

Any help is greatly appreciative!

Regards,

ShaJuanda Rogers CPC :)