Wiki Injection for Bertolotti's Syndrome

lcole7465

Expert
Best answers
I'm looking the CPT code for an injection for Bertolotti's syndrome. The procedure is documented: "The area was prepped with chlorhexidine in the regular sterile fashion technique. Local anesthetic administration using a 25 G needle then We used an image intensifier to locate the joint between the left L5 transverse process and the left sacrum then I used a 22-gauge spinal needle and was directed into the above joint using a posterior approach. After aspiration, I injected 0.5 mL of nonionic contrast dye which showed a good spread of the dye along the the joint between the left L5transverse process and the sacrum then we used a mixture of 2 ml of 0.25% Bupivacaine and 10 mg of dexamethasone was injected in the above joint. Post-procedure the needles were withdrawn and addressing was applied."

The insurance is Medicare which I know will deny CPT 64493 as not medically necessary as the diagnosis (Q76.49) is not an applicable diagnosis per our LCD policy. I'm thinking either 64999 or 20610

Thank you in advance for any help in this.