Wiki Injections

Best answers
Hi all, does anyone know if cpt code 20610 can be billed with the admin code and can it be billed with a J code? Thanks for any help!

Not unless its unrelated to the 20610. They are both admin codes for different kinds of injections

For example if 96372 is to inject the anesthetic before performing the 20610 that would be unbundling.

If they get joint injection 20610
Then say they get a depo injection then you can bill both admin codes

Then their are other admin codes for Vaccines, allergy injections, neoplastic chemotherapy etc:

Thank you...ok so I'm billing cpt code 20600 along with codes 96372 and J1100. According to the notes the depro Medrol and lidocane were injected. I received a denial stating the 2 hcps codes were bundled. Is it safe to say I can bill the J code but not the 96372. I apologize I'm just starting coding and I'm confused. Thank you for your help!!!

I think you are really confused. You cannot bill for the lidocaine as an injection and you cannot bill for the administration of the lidocaine as it is bundled,
Look at your route of administration
96372 is for IM or SQ administration
20610 is for intraarticular administration.
J1100 is the drug.
when your provider is giving a joint injection that means it is intraarticular not IM or SQ. they do mix the lidcaine with the drug to make it a little less painful. sometimes it is a separate injection but not usually, however it is not billable either as a drug or as an IM injection
you bill only the administration in this case the 20610 and the drug the J1100