Wiki Injections

PLAIDMAN

Best answers
It is my understanding that for separate injections you have to use 2 separate needles prepared?

My doc dictated "traumatic contusion anterior ankle and dorsal midfoot, both of these were injected with 2 ccs depo medrol into each site"

Would you charge 2 injections for this?? I thought for each injection charged you had to have separate prep-needle-medication- and dictation?

It is my understanding that for separate injections you have to use 2 separate needles prepared?

My doc dictated "traumatic contusion anterior ankle and dorsal midfoot, both of these were injected with 2 ccs depo medrol into each site"

Would you charge 2 injections for this?? I thought for each injection charged you had to have separate prep-needle-medication- and dictation?

what I look for is "under sterile technique....needle with drug...was injected into (knee)...patient tolerated the procedure well. Those are the 3 things I look for. Sterile tech, drug injected into site and then how patient tolerated the injection.

I would code for both injections. I do not know of any physician that is going to dictate that he changed needles. I take this as he had two injections... two separate needles. He stated that he put in 2 cc of depo medrol into each site.