Wiki INPATIENT --- Over My Head

jngomez

New
Best answers
Hello!

My name is Jordan and I am recently employed in a Colorectal Surgeon practice that also houses a GI doctor for IBD and they all do Inpatient rounds as well as procedures and surgeries. This office has lacked a coder, biller, A/R person for at least a year and is in just a mess. I have a TINY bit of experience in GI but I was mainly handling Internal Med/Pediatrics. Needless to say I am in over my head and overwhelmed. My main problem right now is these darn Inpatient visits being performed by "residents/fellows" and how to truly score them. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.... as the panic is rising.

Thank you again SO much

The office I work in is also a teaching facility. One thing that you have to remember on inpatient coding/billing is that the attending physician MUST see the patient in order to bill for that date of service.

As far as GI goes, I'm not much help there. I'm sorry!

The office I work in is also a teaching facility. One thing that you have to remember on inpatient coding/billing is that the attending physician MUST see the patient in order to bill for that date of service.

As far as GI goes, I'm not much help there. I'm sorry!

Thank you so much!! I am on a learning roller coster for sure :)