Wiki Inpatient Rehab Facility

Best answers
We are currently doing the billing for a provider who is the directing physician at our local inpatient rehab. She has came to me about a 24 hour post admission evaluation that she is documenting and wanting to know if this can be billed out for reimbursement.
Is anyone familiar with this pre-screening evaluation? Can it be billed out to insurance? I have tried to do my own research and all I have found is that it has to be documented for CMS guidelines being and IRF.

Thank you so much
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Is she the admitting physician for the patient for the rehab facility? Or is she reviewing the admitting physician's H&P?

At our IRF, the patient usually arrives in the afternoon, and the admitting physician sees them the next the morning (all of the physicians also have outpatient practices and see all of the inpatients in the morning) for the Initial Evaluation/History & Physical, which is called a 24-hour post-admission evaluation. If that what your provider is doing, then these are billed with 99221-99223, with an AI modifier if they are the admitting physician, and without one if they are handing off the case to someone else after that.

Our medical director is paid by the facility for being the medical director, and of course bills out all patient care visits. My boss isn't the med dir now, but he was years ago. All of the administrative work that has to be done is considered part of what he is paid for as med dir. None of the physicians get paid for team conferences, because they aren't long enough to meet the criteria for the code for that. They also don't bill things like doing a Four-Day Note, which is required, because it's all part of what they do.

Good Afternoon -
I was wondering if anyone knows for a patient in a In-Patient Rehab facility, can they do a telehealth visit the same day as a New Patient with an outpatient program different providers, different NPI/Tax-ID this would be part of their discharge plan. I know Medicare is very particular on visits on the same day.

Thank you so much.