Wiki Insurance Eligibility

saprice

New
Best answers
Our office currently verifies eligibilty daily for all of our patients. Is anybody aware of a company that will do this for you. We have found companies that you have to input the information and get real time information automatically. This is not helpful as somebody is still having to input this information. Can anybody shed some light on this??

Hi,

How many patients are you doing this for? I came from a small office (20 pts a day or so) and I would go through and get online eligibility on each of these and be done in no more than 45mins/1hr total time. It wasn't too bad actually. Do your Elig Clerks have access to the internet? Also, are they doing this the day before or a few days before the patients are seen so that they aren't rushing for time...that might help.

Just some thoughts and feedback for you....good luck!

Sylvia-

Thanks for the reply. We have an average of 125 patients daily. We do access the online sites to verify this information. We have a lot of Auto and WC patients so we call on those also to verify open claims. It takes an average of 4 hours to complete all of them. We have had some staff change over and it is taking a lot longer. We are trying to simplify this process. Do you check every patient every day? Is that what most of you do? Any input on how others do this would be great. We have several physicians and midlevels, also a Physical therapist and Chiropractor. We have several different specialties that require different benefits to be verified. Thanks for the help!

Sarah

There are a number of online solutions for insurance verification like DataLinkMS, CareVault, etc. I come from urgent care where we treated 60-70 a day per clinic and we had no prior notice they were coming (of course)and our front desk staff used these resources to verify before the patient was treated most of the time.