Wiki Insurancec paying for COVID vaccine

Sbrandon0809

Best answers
Hello,

We are having some issues with smaller insurances paying for the administration for the COVID vaccine. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anywhere else we can submit for reimbursement? We called the HRSA and they state we cannot submit it like we do the patients without insurance because patient still has insurance but no vaccine coverage. After arguing on the phone with insurance that COVID should be covered and not fall under their typical vaccine benefits we were still shut down. Help please!

The CMS COVID-19 website CMS COVID-19 page for health care providers specifically addresses reimbursing providers for "underinsured individuals" and provides the link to the HRSA COVID-19 Coverage Assistance Fund.

Unfortunately it seems as though the person you spoke to at HRSA was unaware of this program, which you can find here at HRSA's website for the program HRSA COVID-19 Coverage Assistance Fund. This program is seperate from the HRSA's Uninsured Program which most people are know about.

The only reason I am aware of this program is because I work for a insurance company and we still have members enrolled in ACA Grandfathered plans which do not include preventive benefits.

I hope this information leads you to successfully being reimbursed for the administration fees for your underinsured patients.