Wiki iNTERSTIM THERAPY INTRAOPERATIVE

nabernhardt

Best answers
I am new to these type of procedures. Our physician did an implantation and placement of a peripheral neurostimulator. then also the intraoperative progamming was performed. In the op note the physician states that the rep from Medtronic did the progamming. The physician documented this:

The neurostimulator was then tested using the programmer with a sterile sheath placed over the antenna and the rep from Medtronic did the programming and activated the neurostimulator. The electrode settings were 2-negative, 0-positive with a pulse width of 210 and a rate of 14. The patient was eventually set up with a cycling program, 16 seconds on, 8 seconds off with a 4 second soft start. The impedance was checked, tested at an amplitude of 1.5 and a pulse width of 300, therapy impedance 1,216 and all
connections were within proper impedance ranges. The InterStim 2 neurostimulator serial number was NJY179071H.

I am just wanting clarification on whether the physician can charge 95972 for this?

I am new to these type of procedures. Our physician did an implantation and placement of a peripheral neurostimulator. then also the intraoperative progamming was performed. In the op note the physician states that the rep from Medtronic did the progamming. The physician documented this:

The neurostimulator was then tested using the programmer with a sterile sheath placed over the antenna and the rep from Medtronic did the programming and activated the neurostimulator. The electrode settings were 2-negative, 0-positive with a pulse width of 210 and a rate of 14. The patient was eventually set up with a cycling program, 16 seconds on, 8 seconds off with a 4 second soft start. The impedance was checked, tested at an amplitude of 1.5 and a pulse width of 300, therapy impedance 1,216 and all
connections were within proper impedance ranges. The InterStim 2 neurostimulator serial number was NJY179071H.

I am just wanting clarification on whether the physician can charge 95972 for this?

The physician cannot charge for something he did not do so I would say no. The rep from Medtronics did the programming and testing not the physician.