• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

intraoperative echos

rusti

Best answers
Can someone please help me with the correct way to code an intraoperative echocardiogram? Currently I use 93312 and if applicable also 93320 and 93320. Prior to that I used 93318.

Thank You

rusti

Best answers
intraoperative echo

In the case of coronary artery bypass and valve replacements. Thanks

kevbshields

Best answers
93318-26 would be appropriate for intra-operative monitoring. For anything above and beyond the basic exam, I would imagine distinct documentation would be required. You can check out the Ingenix Coder's Desk Reference for a detailed description of this procedure.

As for Bundling, CCI permits the use of 93318 and CABG.

Hope this helps.

rusti

Best answers
echo

Kevin,
Thank you for your reply, I had previously used 93318 but was told to use 93312.

Have a good day
Rusti