Wiki Ip procedurs (10-pcs) question

hbarney1

Networker
Best answers
I am still fairly new to Inpatient coding and had a question regarding the global days. Do the PCS codes have global days? I was looking at the Medicare Physician Fee schedule and looks like I wasn't able to pull up and Inpatient codes. Any help will be appreciated.

If you are coding for the provider you do not use the PCS codes you use CPT codes. Only the facility billing for facility reimbursement uses PCS codes. And there is no global for facility. SO who are you coding for ?

Global surgical periods are a physician reimbursement policy and do not apply to facility claims. Payment to facilities for surgical services does not include the follow-up care the way it does to surgeon services, and hospitals may bill for all services performed in the facility during the global period. Because of this, no global days are assigned to PCS codes.

IP procedures and gloabal days

No Global days in inpatient procedural coding. The things we did in outpatient are quite different when you come to the inpatient side. Read your UHDDS guidelines and PC Guidelines and ICD10 inpatient guidelines vigorously and frequently while you are transitioning and this should help.