Wiki is cinefluroscopy billable? need coding help for hospital

bhargavi

Guru
Best answers
Cinefluoroscopy of ICD leads
Indication: Recent VF event term by 36 J with oversensing post ICD shock in the RV lead briefly.
The patient was brought to the EP lab. Cinefluoroscopy was performed in the RAO 5 and 35 degrees, LAO 25, and LAO 55 degrees.
The RA, RV and LV leads were all normal inappearance. Special attention was paid to the RV sensing lead. There was no evidence of lead fracture or insulation break.
Impression: Normal ICD lead appearance. Normal appearing Durata RV ICD lead.

Interrogation of ICD shows no new alerts. No oversensing or impedances out of range.

Recommendation: Continue routine f/u via MERLIN.
*is 76000 valid code for this procedure for hospital? or is it just for professional?
thanks in advance

76000 can be billed separately by the facility for fluoroscopy. It does have professional and technical components, the latter of which can be billed by the facility. But I'm wondering if 76120, for cineradiography, would be the more appropriate code for this? Radiology isn't my area of expertise, so perhaps someone with experience in this might be able to answer?

Last edited:
I did find this reference from CPT Assistant, August 2016, however the codes 71023 and 71034 have since been deleted:

Question: What CPT code should be reported for fluoroscopic evaluation of a diagnostic lead when lead insertion, replacement, or revision procedures are not performed?

Answer: Report code 76000, Fluoroscopy (separate procedure), up to 1 hour physician or other qualified health care professional time, other than 71023 or 71034 (eg, cardiac fluoroscopy).