Wiki Is taking the CPPM worth it.

Best answers
I currently work in claims review, being CPC certified helps tremendously, coding is tied in largely with what I do, but I spend more time being involved with AR aspects and the revenue cycle, I have a background in management, and would like to advance my career would taking the CPPM course/exam help me advance my career, I honestly enjoy the AR/Revenue Cycle of things, I also have an Associates Degree in Medical Administrative Assisting and plan to work towards my Bachelors in Healthcare Management, I welcome any advice that anyone can provide,

If you want to work towards eventually being a practice manager, then I think it would be. It's always going to depend on what your goals and experience are when talking about the specialty certifications. I would also suggest the CPB as that is super AR focused and claims/billing/rev cycle too. If you are working toward the Bachelors I think that would be more effective than the CPPM for a management role. However, the AAPC cert may be more attainable. If you have a program at your employer that covers costs for certifications, I would probably just take advantage and do it. If costs are a factor, it depends. I think a lot of places don't even know what the CPPM is. I would read everything about both on the site here.

This is what the site says about CPPM:
A high-level understanding of the various types of insurance plans; healthcare business processes, workflow, and reform; fraud, abuse, and corporate compliance; quality initiatives and healthcare; medical office accounting, physician reimbursement, and revenue cycle management; human resource management; marketing and business relationships; HIPAA and data security; and health information technology, electronic health records, and health information exchange.
Please be aware that this is a difficult, high-level examination and not intended for individuals with limited practice management background.