Wiki Is there always so much WALKING?

sinman0531

Guru
Best answers
I would love to attend next year in Orlando, but for those who have attended previously…..are we always required to walk 4-5 miles per day at the conference? Everything seemed REALLY spread out.

The resort that it will be at in Orlando is huge and spread out with a spring in the middle of it. I think the only way we'll be able to ensure that we don't walk so much will be to get a room in the Gran Destino Tower which is more expensive. You could get preferred rooms which are closer to the main building, and there is also a bus dedicated to do the loop around and stop at each building just for this resort.

Last edited:
I think that's the nature of a large conference center like that.

In my recollection, the actual conference itself had less walking in Las Vegas than in Nashville. The meeting rooms in Nashville were more spread out. In Las Vegas, they were all down one main hallway.

The walkway between the hotel and the convention center in Vegas was a hike. However, overall, I think I did less daily walking in Vegas than in Nashville. I just took everything I needed over to the convention center in the morning and didn't walk back to the hotel until after the day's events were done.

That was really the key - avoiding making multiple trips back and forth from the hotel to the convention center on the same day.

Some attendees do use motorized scooters for assistance. I know some people prearranged to rent for the week from local DME companies in Las Vegas. Most convention facilities probably have that question come up a lot, and the resort would probably be able to give some recommendations and resources to anyone who plans to attend.

The resort that it will be at in Orlando is huge and spread out with a spring in the middle of it. I think the only way we'll be able to ensure that we don't walk so much will be to get a room in the Gran Destino Tower which is more expensive. You could get preferred rooms which are closer to the main building, and there is also a bus dedicated to do the loop around and stop at each building just for this resort.
I’ve been to Coronado before, and I was more thinking of the actual convention center itself, which it looks like it’s just once central hallway, unless they’re planning on doing something else with it. Caesars Forum is literally double the size of the Coronado meeting space.

I was actually considering staying at another Disney resort (probably an All-Star) and driving over. I’m from Florida so I can bring my own car, or even just taking the bus (which would take longer but hey, it’s free!)

I've thought about staying at one of the All-Star resorts too, but it sounds like taking the bus could be time consuming and I need my beauty sleep. haha If they still use local time, I'll be getting to the breakfast at 4:30am my time.

Last edited: