Wiki IUD Insertion Removal Same Day

Best answers
A patient has an IUD place in the am. She returns to the office late in the sam day in pain and wants the IUD removed. It is removed. Is this considered two office visits? Do you still bill for the IUD? Any modifier needed? I am stumped.

thanks in advance

Unless there was a separate and distinct E/M service provided, I would not bill an office visit at all.
I would 100% bill for inserting the IUD and the removal. You provided the services, and should be paid for the work of both. As 58300 (IUD insertion) does not have any global days, and they are not CCI edits, a modifier should not be required for the removal. Notice I used "should not" as some carriers will create their own policies regarding these types of situations.

Unless there was a separate and distinct E/M service provided, I would not bill an office visit at all.
I would 100% bill for inserting the IUD and the removal. You provided the services, and should be paid for the work of both. As 58300 (IUD insertion) does not have any global days, and they are not CCI edits, a modifier should not be required for the removal. Notice I used "should not" as some carriers will create their own policies regarding these types of situations.
Absolutely correct. But also note that the reason there are no edits with 58300 is that Medicare does not cover this service and therefore never developed any. As you have indicated, some other payers who do cover 58300 may have bundling issues with billing 58300 and 58301 together without a modifier