Wiki JCode for Fluorouracil

scaddell

Contributor
Best answers
Is anyone familiar with a jcode for Fluorouracil USP 2.5mg? I'm only finding one for 500mg.

Is anyone familiar with a jcode for Fluorouracil USP 2.5mg? I'm only finding one for 500mg.
I won't be a ton of help on this but I can say this the correct code is J9190. I noticed this Vial is sold at 2.5g/50ml did you mean 2.5g instead of mg? If you are doing a 50ml injection then you just bill the J9190 - JZ indicating there was no waste from the vial, if you only did a 25mL injection then you would bill the J9190 - 25 units and then J9190- JW for 25 mg to document the waste.

I won't be a ton of help on this but I can say this the correct code is J9190. I noticed this Vial is sold at 2.5g/50ml did you mean 2.5g instead of mg? If you are doing a 50ml injection then you just bill the J9190 - JZ indicating there was no waste from the vial, if you only did a 25mL injection then you would bill the J9190 - 25 units and then J9190- JW for 25 mg to document the waste.
Hello. I am looking for an example of documentation required for the injection and injection waste. Is it the standard list with waste amount also stated? Am I missing anything? Do your providers document this in the medical note or is it located within the EMR system under medications?
  • Client’s consent before administering an injection
  • Time of the injection
  • Drug/substance administered
  • Drug amount
  • Location of the injection
  • Client’s response to the administration of the medication and
  • The amount of drug wasted or discarded