Wiki L3-L5 percutaneous screw fixation with cement augementation and L4 kyphoplasty

lec121661

Guru
Best answers
Please any assistance will be helpful,

My doctor is doing the fixation and the other physician whom is a Interventional radiologist is doing the Kyphoplasty. I was coding the fixation and arthrodesis with a 62 modifier on the arthodesis and told this coding is incorrect. can someone please give guidance on the correct way to code this scenario see below.

Operative procedure: The patient was brought to the operating room where appropriate lines were placed. Electrophysiological monitoring was started. the pt was placed in Mayfield head holder and turned prone on opne Jackson table with all pressure points padded. fluroscopy was used in order localize the incision. The lumbar spine was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. a #10 scalpel blade was used in order to to make bilateral skin incsions over the pedicles of L3 and L56 and a small stab incision over the left entry point for the perpendicular trajectory into the L4 vertebral body. Susbequently, 2 needles were navigated using AP fluroscopy into the pedicle to approx. 2 cm depth and advanced without reaching the medical cortical border. The L4 kyphoplasty trajectory was chosen ( done by IVR) ( nuerosurgeon part)- Bialteral Pedicles were tapped and working channels for cement augmentation were put down and the K-wires removed. Kyphoplasty and at L4 and cement augmentation was carried out at the L3 and L5 levels.

I am coding this as: 22612-62 and 22899- ( percutaneous screw fixation)

thank you fellow neurosurgery coders.

lec121661