Wiki L3000 -Molding

Best answers
Good morning ,is the molding included on L3000? (Foot insert, removable, molded to patient model, UCB type, Berkeley shell, each)do I just bill the visit when the molding is done and then when Orthotics are picked we bill for the L3000?
thank you! new to Podiatry

Good morning, the answer depends on the payer. Medicare and Medicare advantage plans do not cover standard custom orthotics. Many commercial plans and medicaid plans will pay for the "casting" with a 29799 rt/lt with description in box 19 of the claim. My standard practice is to add it to all orthotic claims, if they pay, great, if not, it's adjusted. Most are just cash pay since there are so many that don't cover orthotics at all.

Good morning, the answer depends on the payer. Medicare and Medicare advantage plans do not cover standard custom orthotics. Many commercial plans and medicaid plans will pay for the "casting" with a 29799 rt/lt with description in box 19 of the claim. My standard practice is to add it to all orthotic claims, if they pay, great, if not, it's adjusted. Most are just cash pay since there are so many that don't cover orthotics at all.
Very helpful! thank you!