Wiki Labs with modifier 25

So say a patient came in for a follow up for hypertension and labs were drawn for the hypertension, would we need to attach modifier 25 onto the E/M visit?

Modifier 25 is used when there's a separately identifiable E/M service performed the same day as another service. The purpose is to stop the E/M code from being bundled into the procedure reimbursement.

For example, the patient comes in for hypertension and the doctor also removes a suspicious-looking lesion from the patient's skin for biopsy. The modifier 25 would go on the E/M visit so the provider could be paid for the work to evaluate hypertension. Otherwise, the provider would just get reimbursed for the in-office procedure (lesion removal).

Hi
If the lab test is done 2 times (CPT 82043 as example)on the claim line I put modifier 91 for repeat lab test. Modifier 25 is only used for evaluation mgnt CPT codes.
I hope this information helped you
Lady T

Are you talking about the venipuncture CPT 36415? I believe there is a P2P edit between 99211 & 36415, but that opens another can of worms on why you would be trying to bill 99211 with 36415.
There are also some cases where a payer might have a weird rule in their guidelines and wants a 25 modifier when not normally used. It's pretty rare though. Strictly talking about NCCI edits, I think 99211 is the only time.

You can always check the P2P edits for the CPT you are trying to bill with the E&M.