Wiki Lap Band HCPC code

tgutierrez

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know of a HCPC code for the Lap Band? We have one all inclusive price as we have only done cash patients but a coupld of patients are pursueing with their insurance companies and these companies are asking for a more specific code and I couldn't find one. Can anyone help?

Much thanks.

Besides the 43770 there is a HCPC for adjustment of gastric band as well and it is S2083.

Hope this helps:D

Thank you for the responses. I guess I should have been a little more specific. Sorry.

I'm looking for the code for the band itself (supply). I've been using L8699 but is there a more specific code?

Thanks,
Terri

I would use the L8699 too. I couldn't find any other that match the gastric band, sorry!!!:(

LAP BAND billing

This is a new procedure to our practice. Any helpful tips anyone would like to share as far as procedure itself or fills would be really helpful. Thanks!

Lap band

Besides the 43770 there is a HCPC for adjustment of gastric band as well and it is S2083.

Hope this helps:D

Thanks for the info Nelenaz, my facility has been doing the saline adjustments in the office but we didn't know how to charge for it.

If the adjustments are done during the global period, they are included per CPT Guidelines. (See the guidelines above code 43770).

If they are outside of the global period, then bill using the appropriate E&M service (that was published in CPT Assistant or CPT Changes at some point).

Of course, if you have any payors that recognize the S-code, then you'd want to use that.... we had some luck with a couple payors getting that added to our contract.

:) Erica

L8699

Have you gotten any answers on whether anybody else is using this for the lap band itself? Also, Is it seperately payable or should it be included in the surgery?