Wiki LCDs and Jurisdictions

lhoot

Best answers
Hello,
Two quick question on how LCDs work.
1. Do the LCDs that pertain to one state in a particular MAC's jurisdiction apply to all the states in that same jurisdiction? For example, Maine and Vermont are both in Jurisdiction K with NGS. Are the LCDs the same for both states?
2. New York has 4 contracts (Entire State, Downstate, Upstate, and Queens) with NGS. Since these are all in one state, do all 4 contracts use the same LCDs?

Thank you for any help or guidance,
Laura Hoot, RHIT, CCS

Hello,
Two quick question on how LCDs work.
1. Do the LCDs that pertain to one state in a particular MAC's jurisdiction apply to all the states in that same jurisdiction? For example, Maine and Vermont are both in Jurisdiction K with NGS. Are the LCDs the same for both states?
2. New York has 4 contracts (Entire State, Downstate, Upstate, and Queens) with NGS. Since these are all in one state, do all 4 contracts use the same LCDs?

Thank you for any help or guidance,
Laura Hoot, RHIT, CCS

On the top of the LCD header, it lists the applicable states.

I haven't paid close attention to whether the other states in my jurisdiction are always on the same LCD as my state, but you can verify by the header to be safe.

All LCDs are searchable on this site - you can even limit your search by state:

Forgot to add...on the link above, expand the "Contractor Information" field to see all of the states/jurisdictions it applies to.